Dr. Erickson of Kern County did his own thinking and he concludes that lots of people get the virus but few die from it. About 0.02% die from it which is about double the number of persons who die from flu every year. Those who die from COVID-19 are the elderly with pre-existing conditions.
Imagine that you are a newly minted attorney in CA. How can you help stop deaths by COVID-19 in CA? Attorneys are trained to think logically and to think for themselves.
First of all don’t believe the experts, don’t believe Gov. Newsom and don’t believe whatever your local health officer in your county says. The BIG PICTURE is that old people die in nursing homes.
Example why to question the “experts”: Santa Cruz County’s health officer Gail Newel recently double booked and walked out of a ZOOM meeting scheduled by the City of Santa Cruz. One wonders what meeting she went off to attend that was more important than addressing questions from the public. This not very tech savey Santa Cruz County public health officer Dr. Newel does not use an electronic calendar. With an electronic calendar Dr. Newel would know ahead of time that she had double booked.
Gov. Newsom is another example why you should not trust “the experts” or politicians. Gov. Newsom recently shut down a facility for veterans which costs $25K a year while giving $100 million to illegal families who have COVID-19 related expenses. So who does Gov. Newsom want to protect more — veterans who are old or young illegal families?
Headline in Santa Cruz Sentinel today 5/28/2020: County may apply for reopening variance. Local news is that 5 large restaurants in neighboring county Monterey are opening up entirely. So if Monterey can do it why is Santa Cruz so slow? Don’t trust your local Santa Cruz county health department to know squat. They follow ‘orders’ from above which goes to the Democrat Party and Gov. Newsom.
Remember — think for yourself and think outside the box.
Some basics you can do to reduce deaths by COVID-19 in CA:
- Get business cards & a simple web site page functioning Call a web page: CA Health Justice for Elderly Patients & Staff
- Focus on the BIG problem in CA: deaths of vulnerable persons in long term care facilities. Statistics show that 50+% of CA COVID-19 deaths occur in long term care facilities. Old people with multiple health conditions get the virus and die in these facilities. Staff may bring infections or may get infected. As CA citizens take it into their own hands to ‘put out the fire’ where the fire is bigest — that will do a lot to manage the virus overall. Overall, lots of people are or well get infected BUT few die. Those who die are the elderly with pre-existing conditions.
- Remember the overall make up of workers employed in long term care facilities. What kind of training have they had about bacteria and spread of virus? When staff leave where do they go and who do they contact?
- Connect with resources at CANHR. Look at the website for California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform CANHR offers two Online courses for Attorneys in June 2o2o. They have a website specific for COVID-19.
- Tell CANHR that you are an attorney — or whatever your professional skill set is — and what you know about COVID-19. Tell CANHR you want to do what you can in your local community.
- ……more to come what you can do about COVID-19