A true story of heroism and sacrifice — exactly what we’ve come to expect from those who serve.
A soldier, home on Christmas leave, saved several lives when the apartment building he was living in became consumed by fire. PFC Emmanuel Mensah, fresh out of boot camp, had returned to his Bronx apartment to enjoy the holiday with friends and family but ended up giving his life to save others.
“He brought four people out,” said his uncle, Twum Bredu, who lives next door. “When he went to bring a fifth person out, the fire caught up with him.”
Firenze Sage: A candle in the darkness.