Is COPA aka Central Coast Interfaith Sponsors Inc. — which is Saul Alinsky in action – a good bang for the buck?
Alinksy’s progressive socialism seeks power via churches over immigration, health care, open borders and housing.
For church members & the public, COPA / Central Coast Interfaith Sponsors Inc. is not a good bang for the buck based on info from Charity Navigator.
Look at the numbers:
COPA expenses: Seventy-nine percent or roughly 4 out of 5 dollars pays for Personnel ($288 K) and General/ Administrative ($18.8 K). Only 21% [$80,400 / $387,233] goes for Program Costs. Wow!
$288 K pays for three full-time COPA organizers in the 2018-19 Budget. Central Coast Interfaith Sponsors Inc. is another name for COPA in the Santa Cruz and Monterey CA area.
COPA/ Central Coast Interfaith Sponsors Inc. is housed at a Lutheran church in Watsonville, CA and pays about $19 K for General and Administrative costs.
How to evaluate the numbers:
- Program Expenses: The majority of charities listed by Charity Navigator – seven out of ten non profits – spend at least 75% of their expenses directly on their Programs. That means the organization should spend no more than 25% of their total expenses on administrative overhead and fundraising costs.
COPA / Central Coast Interfaith Sponsors Inc. reverses the percentages recommended by Charity Navigator with expenses for Program accounting for only 21% and Personnel/ Administrative expenses accounting for 79%. Wow. That’s a reversal!
Check for evidence of commitment to accountability and transparency:
- Website: The best charities are transparent and accountable to the public. You should be able to see evidence of this in the information they provide on their web site. Can you readily find information about the charity’s staff and Board of Directors? Did the charity publish its financial information such as its most recently filed Form 990 or audit?
- Accountability: The IRS 990 form is available from the Central Coast Sponsors Inc. website. https://www.guidestar.org/profile/77-0557460
- Transparency: Low. One must search to find connections to COPA’s founding organization — the Industrial Area Foundation (IAF) of Chicago, Illinois COPA is a long standing affiliate of IAF. And there’s no mention of community activist Saul Alinsky who wrote the guiding principles for progressive socialists i.e., Rules for Radicals. One might think it interesting to churches that Alinsky dedicated his book to Lucifer.
Open Borders is one goal of COPA / IAF / Central Coast Interfaith Sponsors Inc.
Churches connected with COPA in Santa Cruz and Monterey CA fund open border immigration policies. Exactly how much dues each church affiliate pays COPA is not readily available.
COPA recently held a conference on immigration “reform” in Monterey, CA (4/9/2018). No specifics as to number of attendees is provided on their website.
The Catholic church in CA is a long time supporter of open borders. Five of the seven churches in Santa Cruz County & neighboring two counties which act as as the governing board of COPA are Catholic.
Other supporters of COPA include several Episcopal churches, i.e., St. John’s in Aptos, Calvary in Santa Cruz and St. Mary’s by the Sea in Pacific Grove.
Sunday, 9/16/18 at 9 am, COPA / Central Coast Interfaith Sponsors Inc. lead organizer Tim McManus speaks at St. John the Baptist Episcopal Church in Aptos, CA. You might ask Mr. McManus why roughly 4 of 5 dollars of Expenses goes to pay staff Personnel & Administrative and only 21% pays for Program.
Pope Francis is on record that a nation has the right to control it’s borders. A nation is an extension of a family.
Aptos Psychologist: COPA goes to church leaders and gets their “buy in” and them uses that buy in to contact parishioners and teach Alinsky progressive socialist goals.
What is COPA? On November 2, 2009 Freedom Advocates wrote, “COPA targets congregations and unsuspecting parishioners…”
What COPA currently says: It’s Mission is “to develop the leadership skills of ordinary people …. to engage effectively in public life …with power to negotiate with public and private sector leaders … to change the economic, social, political and cultural pressures on their families …
COPA has 22 member institutions in Santa Cruz, Monterey and San Benito Counties — including “many religious groups” they say.
As mentioned above, COPA is an affiliate of Industrial Area Foundation. See all the affiliates.
Per COPA’s website (4/2018) Pete Scudder of Scudder Roofing said about obtaining workers, “there is no system. There is no line. No way anyone come here legally unless they have a lot of money….Scudder Roofing construction company hires 90% Hispanics. Scudder Roofing seeks to sponsor ‘citizen applications for workers’.
Back to general discussion of COPA / Central Coast Interfaith Sponsors Inc.
It’s vital to look at how charities are rated for financial health and transparency. Neither COPA aka Central Coast Interfaith Sponsors Inc is rated by Charity Navigator. That’s because their financials are too small for Charity Navigator.
What if all the legs of the founding organization — IAF — were examined by Charity Navigator? What if COPA was transparent about its socialist progressive agenda? Would parishioners and the public support COPA / Central Coast Interfaith Sponsors Inc?
It’s best to view COPA and Central Coast Interfaith Sponsors Inc. for what they are — community organizing entities which seek progressive socialist goals.
Per D Souza both Barrack Obama and Hilary Clinton — both students of Alinsky — implemented Saul Alinsky’s political tactics.
Remember Obama’s promises that “you can keep your doctors…” and that “insurance premiums costs were going down …” Then Obama took over health care and 1/6th of private economy. Check out D. Souza on YouTube.
What do you want for your children and grandchildren? That your children learn progressive socialism in church via COPA / Central Coast Interfaith Sponsors Inc?
Or that your children learn to think for themselves and seek freedom?
written by Aptos Psychologist Cameron Jackson PSY 14762
Monerey Bay Forum
Fax: 831 688 7717
- Who is CA Senator Kamala Harris– described as a female Obama — who resists Trump’s Supreme Court nominee?
- Trump’s Tax Cuts – Make permanent? Yes! Support ICE & defund “sanctuary ciites”