Clean up time! Sanctuary State of CA sued by US govt for violation of Supremacy Clause of Constitution
March 9, 2018
Clean up time for California’s ‘sanctuary state’ laws.
Attorney General Sessions sues the State of California for violation of the Supremacy Clause of the U.S. Constitution.
The federal government reins supreme over state laws concerning immigration. Attorney General Sessions came to California to deliver the message.
The ‘sanctuary state’ laws targeted by the federal government are:
SB 54 — the California Values Act — prevents state and local authorities from reporting illegal aliens who were arrested for other crimes to ICE.
AB 450 — Gov. Brown’s law threatens business owners with persecution if they cooperate with ICE without first seeing whether ICE has a warrant/ correct documents.
AB 103 — gives oversight to California over ICE as the law allows the State of CA to inspect illegal aliens held by federal authorities.
At his press conference Wednesday, Gov. Brown did not defend Oakland Mayor’s actions alerting the community of soon-to-occur ICE arrests. ICE says that the Mayor’s actions put ICE personnel in danger and 800 persons were not detained.
The governor offered the following points in rebuttal to Sessions’s clear and cogent case that the Constitution’s Supremacy Clause forbade California from blocking the enforcement of federal immigration law:
1. Sessions is a liar. “The Trump administration is full of liars. They [sic] pled guilty already to the Special Counsel.”
2. Sessions is from Alabama — “a fellow from Alabama coming to talk to us about secession and protecting human and civil rights.
3. Sessions is a Nazi. “We don’t need a Gestapo kind of tactic with vitriol spewing out of Jeff Sessions’s mouth. “
4. Sessions is … a French revolutionary. “The attorney general is basically initiating a reign of terror.”
5. Sessions is sucking up to President Trump. “Jeff thinks that Donald will be happier with him and I’m sure Donald will be tweeting his joy at this particular performance.” (Trump has not tweeted about it.)
California Attorney General Becerra’s line of attack was simple denial.
Aptos Psychologist: Yes, it’s ‘clean up’ time here in CA. About time. Maybe fixing the ‘sanctuary state’ laws will impact California’s quality of life rating — currently at the bottom.
Monerey Bay Forum
Fax: 831 688 7717
Say it isn’t so: Activist critical of Trump rapes Hispanic illegal
September 20, 2016
But it is so — An Hispanic activist critical of Trump rapes an undocumented Hispanic female and then deletes text messages from her cell phone. She pressed charges the next day and the man, activist Yapias formerly of Peru/ Mexico was arrested.
Yes, it appears Mexican rapist Tony Yapias felt additionally empowered by the fact his victim was less likely to be able to contact law enforcement.
However, as Fox13 in Salt Lake Cityreports:
[…] Despite the woman’s fears concerning immigration issues, court documents state, she reported the assault the day after it happened. She was also examined by a forensic nurse who found she had multiple physical injuries consistent with her explanation of what happened(link)
Mr. Yapias threatened, raped and blackmailed his victim specifically because of her undocumented illegal immigration status
Firenze Sage: And, somewhere, the major media found this — and left it there.