Don’t wrong my daughter! — Democrat Truman nor Republican Trump

Democrat Truman & Republican Trump defend their daughters
Democrat Truman & Republican Trump defend their daughters

Don’t mess with my daughter! Democrat  Truman’s daughter….  Republican Trump’s daughter Ivanka …

truman-daugher

Retail department store Nordstrom’s decision last week to cut first daughter Ivanka Trump’s fashion line has sparked a tremendous backlash from consumers—especially women—who say the company’s move has led them to boycott the store and cut up their Nordstrom’s cards.

Nordstrom’s claimed that the Ivanka Trump brand wasn’t performing well, but industry insiders tell Breitbart News that’s just not accurate. Nordstrom’s decision to mislead the public on why they are stopping carrying the Ivanka Trump brand is part of the fury out there among its longtime customers, who tell Breitbart News they’re cutting up their Nordstrom’s cards and won’t shop at the store anymore. Some even say they plan to return all their recent purchases.

 

Share

How many warnings should Warren get? 3? 4? 5?

 

How many warnings should Elizabeth Warren get? 3? 5/ 7?
How many warnings should Elizabeth Warren get? 3? 5/ 7?  Warren was silenced from speaking further at Jeff Sessions confirmation hearing.

How many warnings should Elizabeth Warren get?  5? 7? 9?

The senator has impugned the motives and conduct of our colleague from Alabama, as warned by the chair,” McConnell said on the floor.

“She has been warned multiple times (not just today),” McConnell spokesman Don Stewart told NBC News. “And after additional warning today, she was found in violation of the rule. She appealed the ruling and lost.”

McConnell and other Republicans said Warren violated Senate rules. The rule, No. 19, says senators cannot “directly or indirectly, by any form of words impute to another Senator or to other Senators any conduct or motive unworthy or unbecoming a Senator.”

Share

Pipeline cleanup: will New York Times, CNN etc. report story?

 BY RICK MORAN FEBRUARY 5, 2017

“A cleanup to prevent an “environmental disaster” is underway at a protest camp near the Dakota Access Pipeline.

The  Pipleine camp had been occupied by thousands of environmentalists and Native Americans who were demonstrating against the pipeline project.

It was the Native Americans who requested help with the Pipeline cleanup.  Massive amounts of garbage, human waste, teepees, and abandoned vehicles must be removed before the spring thaw when flooding is expected.

Washington Times:

Clean-up crews are racing to clear acres of debris at the largest Dakota Access protest camp before the spring thaw turns the snowy, trash-covered plains into an environmental disaster area.

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers announced Friday that the camp, located on federal land, would be closed Feb. 22 in order to “prevent injuries and significant environmental damage in the likely event of flooding in this area” at the mouth of the Cannonball River in North Dakota.

“Without proper remediation, debris, trash, and untreated waste will wash into the Cannonball River and Lake Oahe,” the Corps said in its statement.

Those involved in the clean-up effort, led by the Standing Rock Sioux, say it could take weeks for private sanitation companies and volunteers to clear the expanse of abandoned tents, tepees,sleeping bags

—————————————————-

Firenze Sage:   These morons couldn’t even dig a latrine. Imagine walking around in a kennel.

Share

stay safe? don’t enforce immigration laws says Santa Cruz CA

Want to stay safe? Watch out for what the recently passed  TRUTH act does to affect  safety of residents  in California.

 

only 7 of 8,700 booked into Santa Cruz County jail released to ICE in 2016.
only 7 of 8,700 booked into Santa Cruz County jail were released to ICE in 2016.

Of the 8,700  persons  booked into the  Santa Cruz County jail  in 2016,  only 7 were released to the federal government.

We don’t enforce immigration laws says Santa Cruz County sheriff Sgt. Clark because “that enhances a victim’s willingness to report crime and for us to keep our community safe.”

The TRUTH act effective Jan. 1, 2017 requires that local law enforcement get written voluntary release from detainees before the federal government (ICE) can interview them while they are in custody in jail.

So how many of the 8,700 booked during 2016 have no legal documentation?  Law enforcement does not keep track.

What say?  Is it time that local  government keeps track of the legal and / or illegal status of those booked into jail?

 

Share

Sanctuary Cities: follow U.S.A. laws re immigration or ?

 

Federal Laws trump state & local laws on immigration
Federal Laws trump state & local laws on immigration.  Will sanctuary cities comply?

Immigration and terrorism were top issues in the USA elections.  Identifying and deporting illegal felons from the USA is a federal government prerogative.

So — if sanctuary cities don’t want to comply with federal laws — yes it’s time to cut off funding.  Simple.  The federal government is not telling the sanctuary cities to do anything specific except comply with existing federal laws regarding immigration. Sensible? What do you think?   This is from the WSJ Monday, Jan. 30, 2017:

Some local and state officials, including in New York, have promised to fight the order, which says cities that fail to turn over information about illegal immigrants “are not eligible to receive federal grants.”

Legal experts said the Supreme Court has given them many tools for resistance.

The court has ruled that the U.S. Constitution bars the federal government from commandeering state officials or using federal funds to “coerce” states into doing the bidding of Washington.

As recently as 2012, the court held that the federal government couldn’t expel states from Medicaid if they refused to expand eligibility for the federal-state health program, curtailing a key provision of the Affordable Care Act.

“If the denial of Medicaid funding alone was coercive, the denial of all federal funding of any kind for refusing to cooperate in enforcement of immigration law must be coercive,” said Dale Carpenter, a constitutional law professor at Southern Methodist University.

The federal government can withhold a grant from a city or state, but it must do so for reasons related to that grant’s purpose, legal experts said. For example, the Trump administration likely couldn’t deny grants for highways to a city for defying Mr. Trump’s executive order on immigration, because the two are unconnected, said Michael McConnell, a former federal appeals judge who now teaches at Stanford Law School.

Related Video

 

0:00 / 0:00

 

An executive order to strip federal grant money from sanctuary cities has put the Trump administration on a collision course with Mayor Bill de Blasio and other city mayors. Photo: Reuters

The rules have some flexibility, legal experts said. The U.S. Supreme Court said in a 1987 case that the federal government could withhold highway funding from states that refused to raise their minimum drinking age to 21 years, reasoning that the funding and the condition both promoted highway safety.

Jonathan Adler, a professor at Case Western Reserve University School of Law, said the Constitution permits the U.S. government to ensure that “federal money is not undermining the purposes for which that money is allocated in the first place.”

The Supreme Court has also likened federal-state grant laws to contracts: They are valid only if the state knowingly and voluntarily accepts the terms. Some legal experts interpret that to mean that conditions on federal grants have to be spelled out in the text of a law passed by Congress, while others say cities and states could be put on notice with federal regulations.

Regardless, said Ilya Somin, a constitutional law professor at George Mason University’s Antonin Scalia Law School, “the president can’t impose additional conditions on its own.”

Other experts, however, said Mr. Trump’s order bypasses trip wires set down by the Supreme Court, because it demands only information from cities in return for federal money, not action.

David Rivkin, a lawyer at law firm BakerHosteler who served in the Reagan and George H.W. Bush administrations, pointed to a 2000 U.S. Supreme Court case involving a federal law that imposed restrictions on the disclosure by states of drivers’ personal information.

In upholding the law, the court noted approvingly that it didn’t “require state officials to assist in the enforcement of federal statutes regulating private individuals.”

Mr. Rivkin said Mr. Trump’s order, likewise, passes muster because “it’s not telling city officials to carry out any particular actions.”

Write to Joe Palazzolo at joe.palazzolo@wsj.com

Share

migrants use Swiss welfare to fund holidays in Eretrea

 

Swiss welfare pays for migrants to go home to African beaches
Swiss welfare pays for  refugee migrants  to holiday home to  Eritrea, Africa. Picture of beach in Eritrea.

Swiss cheese and immigration policy have holes:

Swiss cheese & immigration policies have holes.
Swiss cheese & immigration policies have holes.

  Migrants allowed  to remain in Switzerland because  they  risk death in their homelands are using welfare money to fund holidays back home in Eritrea.  That’s wht  the Basler Zeitung reports.

The Swiss newspaper notes that thousands of migrants each year go to Eritrea for their holidays each year — despite their having supposedly fled the northeast African nation in fear of their lives.

Although a large proportion of Eritreans in Switzerland have been refused asylum, authorities are powerless to deport them because their homelands are deemed to be too dangerous by the country’s refugee policy.

While there are no direct flights to Eritrea, the Basler Zeitung says it found that up to fifty people a day are leaving Switzerland in order to holiday in the African country.

It typically costs around 599 Swiss Francs (£475) in January or 650 Swiss Francs (£516) in high season for a return journey to Eritrea according to the German language daily.

The paper  notes that taxpayer stipends to migrants must be quite generous as the vast majority of Eritreans residing in Switzerland live on welfare.


Firenze Sage:  Has the whole world gone nuts?  This scam is standard fare now. Taxpayer funded holidays to alleged war zones.

Share

Aptos Lawyer: By 2 BILLION, CA Dept. Finance can’t add or subtract

$2 BILLION 'error' re cost of CA healthcare for poor
$2 BILLION ‘error’ re cost of CA healthcare for poor not reported ’til after Nov. elections

Aptos Lawyer:  Two BILLION  bucks  ‘error’  for cost of  Medic-Aid health care  for poor in California. 

The California Department of Finance told Breitbart News that they did not discover a negative $1.8 billion cost error in calculating the state budget, signed by Gov. Jerry Brown on June 27, until after the November 8 elections.

In a testy hearing in front of the Joint Legislative Budget Committee on January 17, Gov. Brown’s Chief Deputy Finance Director, Amy Costa, tried to explain away a negative $1.4 billion understatement of California’s portion of the cost to fund healthcare for the poor as, “The math was wrong.” [Breitbart News has discovered the wrong math is actually an additional $1.8 billion cost.]

Under questioning from the Senate committee, Ms. Costa stated that the Brown administration discovered the Medi-Cal error last fall, but she acknowledged that they did not tell the legislature until January 10, and only learned of the math at the hearing.

————————————

Firenze Sage:  Is there anyone out there who thinks govt is for the people. What 2 billion error?  Save the bureaucracy.

Share

religion for the faint hearted only apply here – an Episcopal church in CA

prayers-of-the-people-bbbTrump’s name will not be mentioned in The Prayers of the People at All Saints episcopal church in Pasadena, CA.

Parishioners at All Saints episcopal   will no longer pray by name for the president  over fears that  the name “Donald Trump” might cause trauma for those  in the congregation who disagree with Trump’s views.

“If you come to All Saints this Sunday, you’ll notice that we have removed the proper names from our prayers for those in authority. Whereas before we prayed for ‘Barack, our president,’ we are now praying for “our president, our president-elect, and all others in authority.”

 

“This practice — not praying for President Trump —  will continue for at least the near future,”  Rector Kinman  wrote.

Rector Kinman went on to say the safety of the congregation could be jeopardized by the mere nation of the president-elect’s name.

Kinman stated  that  — should issues arise — that  they have a priest trained as a therapist who  specializes  in trauma.  The Rector then added that  he believes the church should be a “safe space.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/16/california-church-refuses-to-pray-for-trump-by-name/#ixzz4WFh3dePE

“We are in a unique situation in my lifetime where we have a president elect whose name is literally a trauma trigger to some people – particularly women and people who, because of his words and actions, he represents an active danger to health and safety,” he wrote.

“As I have said before, for some it could be as if we demanded a battered woman pray for her abuser by name. It’s not that the abuser doesn’t need prayer – certainly the opposite – but prayer should never be a trauma-causing act,” he wrote.

————————————

Firenze Sage:    “but prayer should never be a trauma-causing act…”

Imagine all the martyrs who would never have prayed in this church.

Try Muslim countries for prayer and trauma.  Never stand up for your faith.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/264001/christian-persecution-muslim-world-christians-raymond-ibrahim

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/meet-the-6-religious-leaders-who-will-pray-with-trump-on-inauguration-day_us_586fe3b0e4b02b5f8588ab31

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/posts/publicaffairs/statement-episcopal-church-presiding-bishop-curry-regarding-prayers-president

http://nypost.com/2016/12/25/trumps-spend-christmas-at-church-where-they-married/

Share

Same Atlanta, GA Congressman for 30 years – what did he do?

john-lewis-two-pictureJohn Lewis – for 30 years he’s represented Atlanta, GA in Congress.   Lewis  takes other congressmen to visit  1960 era civil rights sites.  What has Lewis accomplished?

Education  — Jobs   — Crime in Atlanta, GA:

Education:  In Atlanta, GA  the high school graduation rate is much lower for blacks than whites —  a little over half the blacks graduate compared to over 80 percent of whites.

Jobs:  The unemployment of blacks is three times that of whites.

What about crime?   Sunday, May 6, 2012

 

Black People Responsible for Virtually All Crime in Atlanta — Judge Marvin Arrington Confirms
 OD has done the tremendous task of compiling the COLOR OF CRIME for the city of Atlanta (looking at statistics from April 2011 to April 2012). The results:

In Atlanta, African-Americans are 54 percent of the population, but are responsible for 100 percent of homicide, 95 percent of rape, 94 percent of robbery, 84 percent of aggravated assault, and 93 percent of burglary.
Source: APD Uniform Crime Reports, Apr 2011 to Apr 2012

Lewis’ District Is Rather Sad

Share

What’s new? Washington Post’s fake news/ lie firing D.C. security

 

fake news: Trump supposedly fires D.C. general in charge of security
fake news: Trump supposedly fires D.C. general in charge of security

Fake news.  Trump  supposedly fires the guy in charge of the D.C. military presence effective while the  inauguration ceremony goes on. Yeah.

The Washington Post wrote on Friday that President-elect Donald J. Trump “fired” the commanding General of the D.C. National Guard who is heading up the military presence during the coming inaugural event — in the middle of the oath of office ceremony.

A second story on Saturday did not contain the claim.

The Post’s original report set off a wave of stories across the world, causing raised eyebrows over Trump’s “extremely unusual” decision to fire a general in the middle of the presidential oath of office ceremony, especially during these dangerous times.

The paper reported that Major General Errol R. Schwartz, who has commanded the D.C. National Guard since his appointment to the position by George W. Bush, was told to vacate his office the moment Trump says his “I dos” to the oath of office. The decision was presented to readers as unfathomable, if not dangerous, by a president who doesn’t know what he is doing.

In essence, while the incoming Trump White House did accept General Schwartz’ resignation, it did not “fire him” in “the midst of the presidential ceremony,” as the Washington Post reported on Friday.

Meanwhile, on the day after its initial publication, the Post made material edits to its story. And as of press time, the paper had not added any notice that it had made the alterations.

The current version of the story now on the paper’s website added two important paragraphs that change the flavor of its earlier story.

Among other changes, one of the paragraphs added makes it clear that it is customary for such generals to submit their resignation, and in this case Trump accepted it. The paragraph also tries to cover for the paper’s poor reporting by insisting that the Trump team “provided contradictory versions” of the general’s situation — another fact not in the original story.

Despite its changes, the Washington Post story did not contain the statement — aired by Fox News on Saturday — that the transition had asked the general to stay until inauguration day was over, but it was the general who decided to quit. According to the Fox News report, “It appears the general would rather argue his case in the press.”

————————————————

Firenze Sage:  The press accepts at face value all anti Trump stuff. It should reject all such stuff unless double verified for accuracy. It won’t — because it is complicit in the lies.

Share